My Babies

I wish I had known more about cameras and photography years ago. Even in the pre-digital age, I could have done so much better. I had no idea their lives would move so quickly. I'm trying to make up for it now by taking photos constantly. To the point, where they just wish I'd put the damn camera down.

Neil in 2000

Kaia in 2001

Rowan, a couple of days ago

When I was looking through our albums, I was really struck by the amount of hair that Kaia appears to have in her baby photos.  I DO NOT remember her having that much hair as a baby!  It has also made me sad.  Sad because there is so much that I know now that I didn't know then.  I know "Hindsight is 20/20." and all that, but dang...  I wish I had done this and I wish I had done that.  I'm trying to move past this, but it's still a bummer.  Another bummer?  No video camera.  We used to have one, but it used little mini DV tapes and the battery life was practically nonexistent.  I'm already dropping hints about getting a new one to the husband.  Anybody else not realize how much they would miss or how fast it would go?

No comments