Fall Hot Cocoa

Since it's become very Fall-like around here lately, I decided it was time to start looking for more Fall-like recipes!  Pinterest is awesome for this (as well as basically everything else under the sun).  I found this great recipe for Fall hot cocoa at Good Life Eats.
Fall Hot Cocoa
What you need:

  • 4-5 cups of milk
  • 12 oz. pkg of white chocolate
  • 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
  • 1/8 teaspoon all spice
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger


How to make:

In a lrg saucepan, combine 2 cups of milk with white chocolate and cocoa powder.  Stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and combined.

Whisk in puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, allspice, and ginger.  

Add the remaining milk, one cup at a time until you like what you see.  (It was about this time when I realized my pan wasn't quite big enough...)

Top it off with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg!


Really very easy and warm and yummy!  I think next time I may use a bit less pumpkin puree though.  It was a bit... um, gritty?  Gritty isn't really the correct word, but it's the closest I can come up with.  Everyone liked it (even the kids!).  A great drink for warming up!


No comments