Four Peas in this Pod + 1

Did anyone guess the announcement?  

We're having another baby!

This was a huge surprise.  A seriously huge surprise.  I did stop taking birth control a little over a year ago, but I've been keeping tabs on ovulation and cycles.  I felt it was time to stop taking them since I'd been on them since Kaia was born in 2001.  The risk of cancers increases the longer you take birth control pills and with a history of cancers in my family, I didn't want to take any unneeded chances with fate.

I checked with the insurance company to find a midwife in my area.  This morning I call to make an appointment, get through all the information, only to find out she doesn't do pre-natal care anymore.  I asked if they could recommend another midwife in the area and she said she didn't know of any.  Great...  I had to fall back on the crazy busy OB/GYN whose receptionist was sweet, nice, and kind.  Guess that's what I was meant to do in the first place.  My first appointment isn't until the 22nd though.

I phoned the local health department to schedule an appointment for a test and to apply for WIC.  I used WIC with both of my other children and it was so helpful.  They were pleasant and polite.  That appointment is on Wednesday.

Then I made the mistake of calling the Cabinet for Families and Health Services.  Is it a requirement to be as big a bitch as you can possibly be to work for these people?  Right off the bat, she was very uninterested in even answering the damn phone.  In the most monotone voice available... "This is Tabitha.  How can I help you."  I smiled because I've been told that if you smile while talking on the phone you sound kind, then said I needed to make an appointment.  She went through the routine of asking my name, social, blah, blah, blah... Then asked what my income was.  When I told her that I did not have one, but my husband did, I audibly heard her sigh then say, with a bad attitude, that she was going to need his pay stubs for the entire month of September and October.  I told her that my husband doesn't get a paper pay stub because his employer had gone green.  She again sighed loudly then informed me that I had to produce something, she would not take a bank statement because that doesn't show gross income, that she would not take a monthly summary either, she has to have copies of every single paycheck.  Then she informs me that I have to have a statement from someone who is not related to me showing that I wasn't employed and had no income, plus a statement from my mother-in-law stating how much we pay in rent monthly.  I'm not proud to say I was considering applying for food assistance from the government, but as she was the most unpleasant, rude, aggravating person, I am proud to say that I won't be doing so now.  It's already testing of ones pride to ask for assistance, but to be treated so poorly in just the first phone call, was not necessary.  Every little bit helps, but I won't subject myself to being treated that way.  So screw you Little Miss Tabitha from the Kentucky Cabinet for Families and Health Services, you are a bitch.  I hope you get a UTI.

So yay for our family!  We're having another baby!!

No comments