I Did It!!!

I got my yeast to rise!  On the first try too!  I've never made my own bread before, however, my mom used to make her own bread all the time.  Loaves, rolls, etc., if it could be made, she'd do it.  This year I decided I was going to try my hand at making my own dinner rolls.

Yummy goodness!
Not to toot my own horn (TOOT TOOT!!), but they were so very, very good!  I did have a bit of trouble getting it to be less than sticky while trying to roll walnut size pieces, but Mom just pushed me outta the way and rolled 'em right up.  We did have a few that rose in the pan a bit quicker than others and resulted in this...
But that just meant more the crusty, browned goodness that is the top of the roll.  Everyone agreed that everything tastes great, but I think my biggest accomplishment was getting that yeast to rise!

No comments