A Good Day


Have you ever had one of those days that just breathed life into you?

I'll be honest, most of my days are "meh" at best. Just going through all the motions. Got to do this, need to be here.
blah. blah. blah.

Maybe it was the return of the Sun or the warmer temperatures that allowed me to pull out my flip flops, but Sunday?  Sunday was a great day. My husband found some playlist on YouTube that had everything from Metallica to Pink Floyd to Toto. When Chop Suey came on, the youngest just looked confused. We cleaned, got the house ready for our two older kids to come over for the Super Bowl, and then we just.... were.

I laid back on the sofa, kicked my feet up the wrong way, and listened. To the music, to the youngest who was running in and out the front door over and over, to the birds outside. We need more days like this.

Yeah, Sunday was a great day.

No comments