Cauliflower Buffalo Bites | Win


We've all heard about these cauliflower florets that miraculously become buffalo chicken wings. I like hot wings and I like cauliflower, but I wasn't sure this was going to work. So we came across a J & J's Kitchen episode on YouTube and knew we needed to try them out.


The recipe that they follow can be found here at Hot for Food blog. This is a vegan recipe.

I did a few things differently. I didn't make the ranch or the salt & vinegar wing sauce. I also had to use some frozen cauliflower florets because when I got my fresh cauliflower out of the fridge, it had mold on it. *insert sad face*

Here are the ingredients that I used:
  • 2 bags of frozen cauliflower florets (thawed) 
  • 1/2 C 2% milk  
  • 1/2 C water 
  • 3/4 C all-purpose flour  
  • 2 tsp garlic powder 
  • 2 tsp onion powder 
  • 1 tsp cumin 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper 
  • 1 tbsp butter 
  • 1 C frank's buffalo wing sauce

Here is how I made them:
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  • Mix together all the ingredients except for the butter and wing sauce. *Next time I make these, I will use a little more flour as my mixture wasn't quite thick enough this time around.
  • Make sure to line the baking sheet with parchment paper because they will stick if you don't.
  • Put the florets into the batter and then place on baking sheet. *Because I used frozen cauliflower I did not have to bake as long as the recipe states, so I baked them for about 13 minutes.
  • In a small sauce pan on low heat, place the butter and wing sauce. *These were super hot so next time I may use less wing sauce.
  • After the first time in the oven, remove the cauliflower from the baking sheet and put it into a large bowl then add the wing sauce. Stir to coat the florets. 
  • Place back on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping them half way through.
We all loved them. They were really, really hot and slightly soggy. I'm pretty sure the soggy was due to being made from a frozen package. But I'm not sure if the hotness was because of the amount of wing sauce or if it was because I had to use frozen instead of fresh cauliflower. Either way, doesn't matter, we ate them all and will definitely be making these again and often.

No comments