Currently | October 1st

My drive to work.
Doing | I haven't been volunteering as much this year due to having an actual paying job. This past week though I was able to volunteer for most of the week in the library for the Fall Book Fair.

Listening | I discovered a cool app for my phone that allows me to listen to the local radio stations. Our home stereo is on again / off again with the signal. The app works well and doesn't have to buffer very often.

Thinking | September was rough. Many "last first's" for my boy and two senior recognitions in one week. I made it through the soccer recognition with minimal tears, but not so much with the band recognition. He has been in band for 8 years now and it was difficult to think about how he's so grown up and won't be there next year.

Eating | I have not been doing very well keeping up with a low cholesterol diet. This week is Fall break for the kids and I need to take this time to really buckle down and get back on the right path. I did discover a new popcorn from Popcorn, Indiana that is delicious though. I recommend the Black & White drizzlecorn.

Loving | Having access to a river. My second job is a wonderful youth camp and retreat that is located along the Gasper River. I have found that just spending a few moments sitting down by the river can relieve stress and make the day go better.


Watching | So many shows are returning with Fall premieres! Outlander, The Exorcist, Stranger Things, Lucifer... I mean, I could go on, but yay!

Weather | It's Fall y'all! It has been hot and humid lately, but recently (ie. like yesterday) it has become more seasonal with the temps. This is my favorite time of year and I can't wait for crisp, cool weather!

Work in Progress | Uh... nothing at the moment because... life.

No comments