{Saturday}


Yesterday started with a 6am wakeup call. Get everyone up, fed, and ready to go by 7:30am. It was a Saturday and Saturdays are for sleeping in and pajamas all day. Not when you are a band mom in the Fall.

We hosted our annual marching band contest. For myself and several others it was the first time organizing something so large. I mean, I’ve been to the home show, but mostly as a spectator. We had many successes and a few things that need improvement. I was so nervous in the days leading up to yesterday and now it all went by so quickly, that I’m not sure how it all happened!


As soon as our awards were handed out, we had to quickly put things away and do a brief cleaning before loading up all our band kids, all their stuff, and all of us and heading out to another marching band contest last night!

It was amazing. It was exhausting. I can’t wait to do it again next year!

1 comment