Apparently I'm a Dumbass

I complained that I had one snowflake in my yard whilst Boston had snow that would cover my entire house.


Mother Nature thought she be all cute and shit and decided to dump a foot of snow on the majority of Kentucky.  I apologize to my fellow Kentuckians.  I will never again complain about my singular snowflake.

The far left and far right of this panorama is supposed to be the roadway.
Residents of more northerly areas sit back and laugh at the sheer panic that has ensued, but let me tell you a little sumpin' sumpin'...  WE DON'T GET THIS MUCH SNOW HERE.  In fact, the last time Kentucky got this much snow at one time?  1968.  That's right... almost 50 years ago.

And it's not even the "good" snow.  It's powdery so not good for snowmen or fort making and so deep we can't get a good sled path.  Poor little Rowan wanted nothing but to go outside and play in the snow.  All she did was stand at the door or window watching it snow.  We finally bundled her up and let her go.


Once she finally figured out how to walk in snow up to her butt, off she went!


After missing work on Monday and Tuesday,  Chris decided to try to get out on Wednesday morning. He, my dad, and son spent several hours on Tuesday trying to dig out as much of the driveway as they could.  But still...


Stuck.  Half in the road too.  One of our neighbors came buy with his farm truck and pulled him out then came back later with a front loader and shoveled the big hump of snow left from the snow plow out of the way of the end of the driveway.  But during the day, the fiercely intense winds started and caused a snow drift a foot deep across the middle of the drive.  So he's had to park the car at the far end of the driveway every day and trudge through this mess at night.

I solemnly swear that I will not ask for any more snow.  Ever.

2 comments

  1. YOU DID THIS!!!
    It has been beautiful to see, though. I wanted to go take pics so badly but, ya know, baby...subfreezing temps, etc.
    We still can't get up our driveway! Trapped! Haha! But, that's ok...we are warm and the coffee flows freely. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word. Coffee is flowing here too. I haven't been out since those first two days. Too cold, now too wet.

      Delete