Going No Poo

When I first saw someone mention they were no poo, I wondered how in the world they went without taking a crap.  Then I realized they meant no SHAMPOO.   =)

First reaction was ewwwww.

I have A LOT of hair.  I didn't think there was any way I'd be able to ditch the shampoos and conditioners.  I feel like I'm buying bottles every week.  It gets expensive.  A quick Google search revealed with a little baking soda and a little apple cider vinegar I could get clean hair for a fraction of the price.

Day One
Recipe I used:

1 tablespoon of baking soda in one cup of water for the "wash"
2 tablespoons of ACV in one cup of water for the "rinse"

I will admit that I hadn't realized how stinky apple cider vinegar was until I was in the shower with some!  No worries though because as soon as my hair was dry I could smell nothing.  Normally when I wash with shampoo alone I have horrible tangles that are painful to comb out.  I was surprised that I had minimal tangles and was able to get the comb through my hair fairly quickly.

My hair looks a little dry in the above photo, but it's actually just all my split ends.  My hair feels soft and not dried out.  I don't use a blow dryer too often, I never use a curling iron, but I do have a flat iron that I probably overuse.

I can't say much more at this point.  It's only day 1!  I do hope this works well.  Can you imagine how much money I can save?!?

Go here for great tips and troubleshooting to help get you started!

No comments