The Big ONE

I have no idea how 365 days have traveled past me so quickly.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was announcing my pregnancy.  Even though that was way, way back in November of 2010.  Can it possibly have been that long ago?

My sweet little Ro baby is now one year old!  She amazes me every day with the new things she has learned and does.  She's really started to babble and is more vocal about what she wants.  She's officially a toddler now as she's walking everywhere!  She rarely crawls anymore.  She's.... she's.... getting so big!
Rowan's birthday invitation minus our address.
I decided on a rainbow birthday party.  Pinterest was extremely helpful in getting me prepared for this.  Pinterest is the new Google.  Instead of Googling for stuff, I Pinterest for stuff.  I only used a couple of the ideas I found on there.  Only because the husband wouldn't let me go "overboard".  

The majority of the decorations I found here at Printabelle.  The best part?  They were free!  I was able to open the PDF files with PSE and really personalize them!  If you don't have a program that will let you edit them, she can edit them for you for only $3!  There are many different styles available as well.


All the pretty stuff!


A rainbow of fruit, complete with a "pot" of gold and a "cloud".

A rainbow of Jello.

Hershey's Mini chocolate with personalized label.


Time to open presents!
She wasn't really interested in opening anything.  She just wanted to play with what was inside!  Clothes, toys, books... it didn't matter to her!

Then it was time for cake.  I had spent the majority of Friday baking cakes and mixing Jello.  Her cake had six layers (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple) so I was baking for a few hours.  I'm no professional baker and certainly not a profession cake decorator either.

And something horrible happened!!


The top three layers of the cake FELL INTO MY SINK!!  I was so pissed off at the cake!  I was grateful though that it slide to the left instead of sliding to the front because then it would have been all over my kitchen floor.  I grabbed a plate and my Mom grabbed the top three layers of cake out of the sink and guess what?  We ate it anyway!!




Want some cake??
I still can't believe my baby girl is a year old.  I feel like I didn't take enough pictures or snuggle her enough or take little naps with her enough.  I think she had a great first birthday spent with caring family and close friends.  


Happy birthday Rowan!!


Invitations - Printabelle
Happy Birthday mini-banner - Printabelle
Happy Birthday large banner - Printabelle
Water Bottle labels - Printabelle
Mini Candy bar labels - Printabelle
Rainbow Subway Art - eighteen25
Rainbow Fruit - Pinterest
Rainbow Cake - Pinterest
Plates, Forks, Napkins, Cups, Tablecloth - Hobby Lobby

No comments