Required Mother's Day Post

This year my husband said that after almost 20 years of being together and 12 years of buying Mother's Day gifts, he didn't know what to get me.  He tells me this on Saturday.  Always waits until the last minute, that one does.  So I scoured the interwebs looking for a handstamped necklace to order.  I found three I thought were precious then allowed the children to pick which one they liked best.  Wonder of all wonders.... they picked the same one.  It was a small miracle because they NEVER agree on anything.  Ever.  I'm going to give the makers a bit of a rest then I'll order in a couple of weeks.  I can't wait.

In the mean time I've been dying to eat at the new Mellow Mushroom that opened recently close to us.  I was hoping for a pretty day, but instead it looked like this all day.

Needless to say, my feet were wet because I refused to wear anything but my flip flops.  Stupid rain....

We arrived just in time for opening.  I was hoping to get there a little early because I figured Mother's Day + restaurant = standing in line for a table.  I was pleasantly surprised though.  We got right in and it wasn't too crowded.  

 

 
We had the garlic bread appetizer which was very good.  Not too crispy, not too soggy, jusssst right!  We opted for hoagies instead of pizza.  This leaves it open for a return visit because now we have to try their pizza!  I had an Italian... good, but next time I'll leave off the "spring mix" and add sprouts.  It was a lot of greenery.  Too much for me.  Still it was a good sandwich.  My son had their meatball hoagie and he had no complaints.  The husband had the steak and cheese which he said tastes wonderful, but the meat was a tad on the room temperature side instead of hot.  The oldest girl must look little because they gave her a kids menu right off the bat.  She wanted a grilled cheese, but they didn't have any for some weird reason... so she ended up with the French bread pizza.  Basically just French bread with sauce and cheese.  It was... ok, she'll probably get something else next time.  However, the organic apple that came with her pizza was the best apple I've ever eaten.

 
We had to swing by good ol' Wal-Mart on our way home.  I had to pick up some paint for our dining room.  I'm slowly but surely getting it all pretty and re-painted and yea... I'm taking my time.  Anywhoooo...  Just about the time we were getting wrapped up with our shopping the littlest little wanted to nurse so we girls headed out to the car.  I'm good, but I'm not good enough to walk around or stand in the check out line while nursing. =)

Came home, put on my comfies... which is a pair of 10 year old sweat pants that are more holey than the Pope, and got down to doing the fun stuff.  Lounging around on the couch watching movies and paintin' my nails with my new Happy Mother's Day to me Essie nail polish!

Left: She's Picture Perfect, Right: Merino Cool
I had a wonderful Mother's Day and I'm so proud of my three beautiful littles.  (Even if the oldest little is taller than me!)

Like these photo effects?  You can find these Polaroid frames here.  I found them at Project Alicia where you can also find a helpful tutorial on creating a clipping mask with these frames in PSE.  You can also find the action used here at the CoffeeShop Blog.

No comments