Wednesday Woes

Well, isn't that interesting!  Have you ever noticed when you buy something (anything!) you start to see it everywhere you look?  On Sunday, my husband and son took me to the movies to see "Fast Five" (LOVED it!), but when we came out to leave I was a little perplexed.  Uh... hmmm... well, alrighty then!  Our car was parked next to... our car!  The only difference between them?  Ours has tinted windows.  Same make, model, year... hell, it even had the same brand of tire!  I had to take a photo of it.  I mean... seriously.  Then as we were pulling away, I noticed that the family getting into the car had been IN THE SAME MOVIE!  Talk about cosmic weirdness!

I hadn't mentioned it here yet because I wanted to wait for the final results, but I received bad news from the doctor's office.  I took my first blood glucose test on Wednesday of last week.  The nurse called on Thursday to let me know that I had failed both of the tests.  Not only did I have to go in for a second 3 hour glucose test, I also am anemic and have to begin taking iron supplements.  Joy.  Monday was my 3 hour test.  I was actually feeling pretty good when I first got to there, but shortly after drinking that oh so awesome glucola junk, I thought I was gonna hurl.  I survived it though and managed to hold it down for the 3 hours while being stuck 4 damn times with a needle.  The nurse called this Wednesday to let me know that I had passed two, but also failed two of the tests.  Now they want me to go on a 2,200 calorie a day ADA diet.  She didn't just come right out and say, "You have gestational diabetes.", but that's all I'm hearing in my head.

I am so clueless when in comes to diabetes.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to eat.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to drink.  I, of course, Google'd that and found this helpful website.  And I think it's just made it worse!  I'm not a big eater on a normal basis, but this site says that I'm supposed to have "13 servings of starch, eight servings of meat, four servings of vegetables, three servings of fruit, two servings of milk and five servings of fat." every day.  I just don't eat that much.  I'm so worried, so bummed, so over all this junk!

No comments