Snow Day Number 15

Today marks snow day number 15 for my kids.  I can not express to you just how sick and tired I am with all this damn snow.  The school district has changed the calendar.  It now says TBD for the last day for students.  Thank goodness we had to cancel our planned trip to South Dakota.  Originally cancelled because my due date is around that time, now because who knows when the kids will ever get out of school.  The kids (and myself) are obviously going completely bonkers.  It's just too cold to send them outside and they are bouncing off the walls being inside.

There is one good thing that has come from all of this.  I discovered Amazon Video On Demand.  I love Amazon!  I can't believe that I've never known that they had this awesome service!  You can rent movies or buy movies.  Download or stream them.  There are some movies you can buy for only $4.99.  Do they have new releases, you ask?  Why yes, yes they do!  And those can be purchased for only $14.99 or rented for only $3.99.  The streaming quality was far better than that of Netflix.  I only pay about $10 a month for our Netflix account, but their streaming movies leave a little to be desired.  While they have literally hundreds of movies that you can stream to your computer or game console, I have no wish to watch 75% of what they offer.  The only complaint I have so far with Amazon is their TV episodes.  Granted they are only $1.99 an episode, and that's a great price, but why would I want to pay for something that the network has on their website for FREE?!  I'm just sayin'.  Now not all networks have their show's episodes online and some only go back 4 or 5 episodes, so I can see where this would come in handy.

Basically my point is that you should check it out.  Especially if you are stuck in Snow Hell like I am.

No comments