Boo to you!

Has everyone survived the sugar coma known as Halloween yet?  I avoided the kids candy bags as much as I could.  Neil wasn't planning on going with us, but as the last minute (Thursday night) he decided he wanted to dress up, but not trick-or-treat.  Then after we actually got out there walking, he wanted to do it.  Ugh... men, even in boy form, are worse than women about decision making.


This has been one of the best weekends that I can remember in quite some time.  I actually convinced the husband to go on a date!  I know!!!  We went out to eat at our favorite restaurant and then headed to a real haunted house for a candle lit tour at the Octagon Hall.  I purchased a few raffle tickets to participate in an overnight ghost hunt!  Everyone cross their fingers that they pick my name for one of the 5 people they are going to choose.  It was a great time and I can't wait to go back for a regular tour of the house and grounds.

One of the irritating things about living in the Bible Belt is the tendency to refuse to celebrate any type of Pagan holiday, or any holiday that seems Pagan, on a Sunday.  Therefore, we had to do our candy grabbing on Saturday.  It's all good though, we got to go back to my hometown, spend time with friends, take the kids trick-or-treating, and not have to worry about getting up early the next day for school/work.

Hope every one had a wonderful Halloween weekend and enjoy the week to come!

No comments