1st Snow Day of 2010

Last night the kids were doing a snow dance in the middle of our living room.  It was a mixture of something Native American with a little cha cha and the conga.  I guess it worked because when we awoke this morning we had about an inch of snow on the ground with more in the forecast. 

By 10AM, Kaia was beside herself with desire to go outside.  I kept denying her.  With the wind chill, it was a mere 20 degrees out there!  So cold even that the dog lasted only 10 minutes.  I’ve never seen him do his business so fast.  He usually has to sniff every tall blade of grass in the yard.  I finally caved at about noon.

I bundled her up with two pair of socks, pajama pants, blue jeans, a short sleeve shirt, a long sleeve shirt, two scarves, gloves, and her favorite fuzzy pink jacket.  Neil wasn’t having any interest at all in going out.  He was too busy battling space pirates on the Wii.

It had started to snow again.  She was actually giggling, she was so excited.  Running through the yard she yelled, “I LOVE THE SNOW!”  She lasted only about 15 minutes before mutterings of hot chocolate were escaping her lips.




No comments