Neil of the Jungle

So named by his Auntie Cam.  While having a girls' day trip to Savannah last week, Neil got into a fight with the only Georgia pine tree in the LaBelle's backyard.  I had called Chris to let him know that we were on our way home.  He sheepishly informed me that I needed to call the dentists' office as soon as we returned home.  "Why do I need to call Dr. Clark?", I asked.  He then gave me an elaborate story about the kids were playing with Luke Skywalker, Dyl's dog, in the back yard and Neil, instead of running forward, was running backward and only turned around in time to connect his face to the tree.  Chipped two teeth, he said.  He did forget to mention the huge swollen eye and banged up knee.

 
 This is the next morning.
Today after his trip to the dentist.  
The dentist actually pointed out that he chipped 3 teeth, but one was so small I hadn't even noticed.  If no one had been injured on our vacation, then I don't think it would have been a normal vacation.  He has to go back in 6 weeks to have a "pulp test" done to make sure that he didn't "kill" the tooth.  He hasn't been in any pain at all since it happened so we are hoping that it will be ok.  Fingers are crossed.

No comments