Wow!

I'm writing a little post bragging on myself. I know this is probably very narcissist of me, but I'm excited! Last night we had some pretty severe weather move through our area. Fortunately we were lucky and only got some winds and heavy, heavy rain. If you are a "friend" on FaceBook then you've seen the photos of before and after. I have found myself more and more interested in the weather. When I was a kid, I was terrified of storms, like most kids I guess, but the older I've gotten the more I just like to watch the clouds. When I know there are some storms coming, I usually head outside with my camera. Ready and waiting. This time around the storms weren't actually coming our way or so I thought.

I could hear thunder and see the occasional distant flash, but it was fairly calm. Barely any wind at all.



As I stood there looking, I noticed a cloud that seemed to be coming toward me. I watched and it got closer, closer. It was so low I would have sworn I could touch it if I'd just had a ladder handy.



At this point, the wind had started to blow and I was just starting to get little drops of rain so I booked it back inside the house. After the storm had moved through, I emailed the photos to the local news station's weather man du jour. It's a very community oriented station. This morning when I checked my email, I had an email from the National Weather Service. I half expected a generic "Thanks for your photos" email from the newstation, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the weather man du jour had forwarded one of my photos to them and they PUT IT ON THEIR WEBSITE. *angels singing* My head swelled at least 5 feet. You can check out my photo and some other awesome pics right here. Yes, yes...cater to my ego.

No comments